Problems retrieving items from a list using a reference rather than an integer - can you help?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Thu Jul 17 20:04:10 EDT 2003

Quoth Rogue9:
> After reviewing my question I realised that I should have posted the short
> piece of real code I'm working on and not tried to write some pseudo-code
> to illustrate the problem I'm having.Therefore I have printed the listing
> below which is quite short and hopefully won't annoy too many peopleabout
> the length of my post.

Excellent!

I'd also like to see a trimmed-down example of the input data
which causes the unexpected output.  If you don't mind, extract
from your pickle files sublists of, say, five or ten elements,
change the code to set masterList and skipFreqList directly to
those sublists and verify that the problem still occurs, and post
that, along with what output you see and what output you expect.

--
Steven Taschuk             "[W]e must be very careful when we give advice
staschuk at telusplanet.net    to younger people: sometimes they follow it!"