Shared vs static link performance hit --and Windows?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Tue Jul 8 19:29:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:

> Thanks, Skip; now if only someone more Windows-knowledgeable than me
> could also comment on whether we could see a similar speed increase by
> building a static Windows EXE...

AFAIK, Windows & OS/2 don't really use the concept of PIC code for DLLs,
as the DLLs get mapped into system address space rather than user address
space, and all processes that access DLL code access the code at the same
address.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia