wxPython - question

Artur M. Piwko pipen at beast_tu_kielce.pl
Tue Jul 15 07:05:19 EDT 2003

In the darkest hour on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:13:20 -0700,
Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> screamed:
>>I am writing Jabber/others messenger. In this case, tray icon is not a sign of
>>guruness, but user friendliness.
>
> I disagree.  That is strictly a matter of opinion.
>
> Now, a tray icon that does not exist until some actionable event occurs is
> probably a very natural UI, but the same thing could be achieved by
> plopping up a dialog box.  Even if I am running your messenger, yours is
> not the only application I'm running by a long shot.

And all this is the matter of user configuration.

Artur

--
Before the Goat of Mendes... we all must take our turn   |  Artur M. Piwko
Into the magic circle... where still the fire burns      |  mailto:s/_/./