PyQT, Sharp Zaurus and color in the QTextBrowser

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Mon Jul 14 23:07:16 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:09:38 -0700, Tim Gerla wrote:
> You're right--I was under the wrong impression about single & double
> quotes. For some reason I recall reading somewhere (can't trust everything
> you read online) that XML only allowed double quotes, and I never bothered
> to verify it.

I recently had this discussion with another co-worked. The confusion
probably stems from the fact that as of the latest XHTML specification at
the time I read it, every single example XHTML fragment used double
quotes. At no point is it ever specified either way in the XHTML
specification, except by reference to the XML specification.

However, the official W3C validator accepts single quotes, so I'm going
with "they're legal". (Which has been hashed out in other messages
already, I see, but I wanted to propose a theory as to where the idea came
from, because I know I've seen it myself several times.)