Static typing

Michael Muller mmuller at enduden.spam.filter.com
Fri Jul 25 13:19:36 EDT 2003

Is there currently any plan to introduce static typing in any future
version of Python?  (I'm not entirely sure that "static typing" is the right
term: what I'm talking about is the declaration of types for variables,
parameters and function return values).

I know there was a "types SIG" which introduced several proposals, but it
expired quite a while ago, and I was wondering whether whether some
consensus has been reached on the subject or if it has just been shelved
indefinitely.

--
Remove the spam and filter components to get my e-mail address.