wxPython - question

Artur M. Piwko pipen at beast_tu_kielce.pl
Sun Jul 13 12:46:45 EDT 2003

In the darkest hour on Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:55:39 -0700,
Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> screamed:
>>How can I remove program entry from taskbar (not tray)?
>
> PLEASE resist the temptation to built Yet Another Tray Application.  Win32
> programmers seem to use the tray icons as a sign of their guruness, and
> every one of them seems to think that his application is so studly that it
> must occupy permanent real estate on my desktop.  I've seen some trays that
> bloat to 20 or 30 icons.
>
> Don't do it.  Your application just isn't that important.  If you need to
> notify me of something, I find nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned
> dialog box.

I am writing Jabber/others messenger. In this case, tray icon is not a sign of
guruness, but user friendliness.

Artur

--
Before the Goat of Mendes... we all must take our turn   |  Artur M. Piwko
Into the magic circle... where still the fire burns      |  mailto:s/_/./