A challenge to the ASCII proponents.

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Jul 23 10:34:57 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:36:57 +0000 (UTC), rumours say that Duncan Booth
<duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> might have written:

>Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <tzot at sil-tec.gr> wrote in
>news:amqqhv0gbdok6dnk6ib9342lejpc4ap5pd at 4ax.com:
>
>> If I may say it sideways, try searching for google for the french word
>> "c?", as in "un c? s'il vous pla?.  Wanna bet my message will be
>> the only one to be found? :)
>
>Since when is 'c?' a French word? It doesn't appear in any French
>dictionary I have tried.

(A longer explanation was sent by email to Duncan)

That was my intention: to misspell as 'càfe' the french word 'café', and
then search for it in google groups.  This is because the original greek
word --used as an example by Alan, Martin etc-- was misspelled as
'gi/gnwskw' instead of 'gignw/skw' (accent 'oxia' in the wrong letter,
resulting in an inexistant word), so it's normal that a google groups
search shows up Martin's UTF-8 post as the only one containing the word.

I did begin my post as "If I may say it sideways..." :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,