PyQt Help and Advice

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Jul 29 17:02:56 EDT 2003

ilyak at red.seas.upenn.edu (Ilya Knizhnik) writes:
[...]
> However since PyQt is rather new, I have not found much documentation on
> it, or examples in it.  The only useful tutorial/book I have found is at
> www.opendocspublishing.com/pyqt/ but it is not always clear for someone
> with almost no GUI experience.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

PyQt isn't new.  The reason there's not documentation for every API
function is that the Python interface slavishly follows the C++ API
(actually, I believe you can now pay for documentation, but I don't
see the point).  The PyQt docs just list the slight deviations from Qt
proper.  The Qt docs are excellent, and you really don't need to know
C++ to understand them.

John