anything new on the ternary operator?

Paul Rudin paul_rudin at scientia.com
Mon Jul 7 05:42:59 EDT 2003

    > Guido made clear before the vote that only a clear statement
    > from the community would drive the addition of the ternary
    > operator.  Given that the vote did not present a clear result,
    > he did what he said he'd do.  How's that a prbolem?

I don't know the details of this process; but personally I think a
ternary operator would be a very good thing - and don't care about the
syntax too much. Maybe the right think to vote on was simply a yes/no
to "Do you want a ternary operator?".

Maybe the problem is perhaps that disagreement over the competing
syntactical suggestions obscures the fact that a majority would prefer
to see some ternary operator rather than none?