Python scripting with Paint Shop Pro 8.0

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Jul 21 09:45:17 EDT 2003

Marc Wilson <marc at cleopatra.co.uk> writes:
[...]
> The documentation is, er, sketchy.  The manual refers you to a non-existant
> folder on the CD, and the Python content is referred to as the "Python
> Scripting Engine", which suggests it may not be a full implementation.  If I
> have to install Python separately, so be it.  I'll look for the .pyd file
> and see if there a suspiciously-named executable there as well.

The fact that it's embedded doesn't necessarily mean that you can't
import it from outside the running application, but it may well not be
possible.  Worth a try, though.

As I said in an email, don't forget COM -- maybe one of those .py
files you have is just a wrapper around a COM automation interface.
The "Python for Windows extensions" (aka win32all) is what you need
for most COM stuff.

John