Update:KOBRA - .NET for Python

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 15:50:55 EST 2003

your project? The CLI experts there probably have many ideas on C# interfaces to C code;
they've been wrapping every library they can get their hands on from what I can see, from
GTK to postgresql.

"Chetan Gadgil" <cgjunkaddr at attbi.com> wrote in message
news:3WyZ9.67758$_s4.37551 at rwcrnsc54...
> :-(
> I had to use managed C++ to interface with Python.
> Python runs as unmanaged code. Unmanaged code is possible even in C#, but
> how would that interface with Python?
> Any ideas? Are you thinking of PInvoke?

As one alternative, possibly. I read an MSDN article about wrapping Win32 serial I/O that
seemed to get similar heavy-lifting done while staying in C#. That solution did use
P/Invoke. On Mono, GTK# and the WinForms port could be using a mono equivalent or
implementation of P/Invoke.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/10/NETSerialComm/default.aspx

> A good solution would be to have a managed C++ compiler (mg++ anyone? ;-))
> for Mono.

I'm sure it will happen someday. A VB.Net compiler 'mbas' is underway. But the C# compiler
'mcs' is the main implementation, and the most full-featured.