boa-constructor 0.2 freezes on start-up

Riaan Booysen riaan at e.co.za
Tue Jan 14 16:27:07 EST 2003

Hi Loren,

<PoulsenL at capanalysis.com> wrote in message
> I am having some trouble getting boa up and running.  I am using Python
> 2.2.2 and wxPython 2.4.0 for 2.2 I can't seem to get past

> importing Models.ConfigSupport
> importing Models.CPPSupport
> importing Models.HTMLSupport
> importing Models.XMLSupport
> importing ZopeLib.ZopeEditorModels
> executing plug-ins...
> importing ZopeLib.ZopeViews
> importing ZopeLib.ZopeExplorer
> importing Explorers.PrefsExplorer
> creating Inspector
> importing Inspector
> creating Editor
> importing Editor
> importing Explorers
>
> using python -v
>
> I can't really get any more info

You forgot to mention that you are using the unicode build of wxPython
2.4.0.1

It is a problem in wxPython with the wxStyledTextCtrl. I forgot to add a
mention
of it to the Bugs.txt file, sorry.

If anyone want to investigate it, the freeze happens here:
"Python22\lib\site-packages\wxPython\stc_.py", line 991
    def StyleSetSpec(self, *_args, **_kwargs):

It works well enough with the unicode build of wxPython 2.3.4.2 and there
isn't that much difference between that and 2.4.0.1 so I suggest you
downgrade
until 2.4.0.2 or 2.4.1 is out.

Thanks,
Riaan.