boa-constructor 0.2 freezes on start-up

EpSyLOn sasDOTepsylon at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 14 17:12:26 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:27:07 +0200, "Riaan Booysen" <riaan at e.co.za>
wrote:

>Hi Loren,
>
><PoulsenL at capanalysis.com> wrote in message
>news:mailman.1042571909.21382.python-list at python.org...
>> I am having some trouble getting boa up and running.  I am using Python
>> 2.2.2 and wxPython 2.4.0 for 2.2 I can't seem to get past
[...]
>You forgot to mention that you are using the unicode build of wxPython
>2.4.0.1
[...]
>It works well enough with the unicode build of wxPython 2.3.4.2 and there
>isn't that much difference between that and 2.4.0.1 so I suggest you
>downgrade
>until 2.4.0.2 or 2.4.1 is out.

I use :
- Python 2.2.2 Windows XP Professional
- wxPython 2.4.0.1 (no Unicode support) for Python 2.2
- boa-constructor v0.2.0alpha
and I don't noticed any problems.
If Loren doesn't matter about Unicode (but this must certainly not be
the case if she (he ?) downloaded the Unicode version), she can
download the last version of wxPython w/ no Unicode support safely.

--
  oo|  faq fclc:    http://www.isty-info.uvsq.fr/~rumeau/fclc
 /`'\  Usenet  :    http://www.usenet-fr.net