Python + PostgreSQL

Jorge Godoy godoy at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Jan 7 12:51:34 EST 2003

Martin Christensen <knightsofspamalot-factotum at gvdnet.dk> writes:

> Yes, there's the DB API v. 2. I use that to interface with PostgreSQL
> from Python with great satisfaction. You can see the spec at
> http://www.python.org/topics/database/DatabaseAPI-2.0.html.

Martin, thanks for answering.

>From what I've seen this is just a specification of what should be the
syntax of the packages that implement database connections. As shown
in http://www.python.org/topics/database/modules.html there are some
modules that can talk to PostgreSQL and are DB-SIG compliant. Is there
one that is more commonly used? Or I can try and use any of those?
>From the description on the page above PyGresQL seems to be the one
recommended... Am I wrong?

See you,
--