Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Tim Lavoie tlavoie at acm.org
Tue Jan 28 16:22:10 EST 2003

    pu> Is, or under which circumstances is the time which can be
    pu> gained by using a RAD-IDE equivalent to the time gained by
    pu> using Python directly?

Never. It's not how long it takes to crank something out the first
time, but how long it takes to fix and modify it later. "Hello world"
with some arbitrary GUI builder might be similar for many choices of
tools. Doing something fussy, and changing it later, makes all the
difference.

For what it's worth, you do have some choices in Python regarding
tools to help programming too, say for creating GUIs and so
on. Depending on the sort of help you like in the tools, there are
probaby Python equivalents out there. As an example, check out Glade
for GUI creation. (http://glade.gnome.org/)

--
I finally went to the eye doctor.  I got contacts.  I only need them to
read, so I got flip-ups.