best college for computer science major

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Thu Jan 9 11:25:57 EST 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

>Waterloo is excellent, and no doubt Purdue is.

Am I the only one in this thread who received a BS from
Purdue for Computer Science?!  I haven't had much contact
with PU CS for awhile, but I've been appalled at reports
I've received from student workers who were CS undergrads.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if you just wanted to
learn to program with Java, but neither is picking up
"Java for Dummies" and it's a lot cheaper.

The CS program I'm slightly more involved with these days
is UC Berkeley's.  I've been favorably impressed by what
I've seen of it.

Give me a couple years to report on UC Merced.

--kyler