Introduction object-oriented programming

Chris Lyon chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 09:29:02 EST 2003

> Without the objects it goes fine, however I have the idea that objects can
> make things a lot easier - both in design, implementation and maintenance.

I understand your position, certainly the book refered to is
excellent, but be sure to read it very carefully there are subtleties
that only emerge after the concept is understood and names of things
are very important!

With regard to the OOP transition what skill I have developed has been
dirived from writing code. Try very simple representations, like
directory structures and do something with them list sizes of files,
types etc,

Like most mind set transitions until you think you've got it, it is
difficult to understand the advantages even though you are sure they
are there.