Introduction object-oriented programming

Wouter van Marle wouterm at spammers-unite-here.com
Fri Jan 17 02:29:06 EST 2003

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend me an introduction on object oriented programming in
general, and the trick in Python? Preferrably tutorial on the web or so.

I know the basics of programming (learned BASIC 20 years ago, Turbo Pascal
10 years ago, and recently started Python - never used objects, never used
C, and always hobbying. Also a little experience with .BAT and shell
scripts). So should be a tutorial extending normal programming to the
objects.

Without the objects it goes fine, however I have the idea that objects can
make things a lot easier - both in design, implementation and maintenance.
And now I started off seriously again in an era where object oriented
programming is pretty much standard, it is time for me to learn it too! (so
I finally understand the mysterious self variable, the __init__ routine, and
more of those things)

Thanks!

Wouter.