how to submit a patch?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jan 3 18:12:32 EST 2003

In article <3e1616fc$0$174$a1866201 at newsreader.visi.com>, Grant Edwards wrote:

>>> However, I've not been able to figure out how to submit a
>>> patch. I found the web page that allows one to browse existing
>>> patches.  How do I submit one?
>>
>> Does this answer some of your questions:
>>
>> http://www.python.org/dev/devfaq.html#patches
>
> Using the SF patch manager, how do you submit a patch?
>
> IOW, where is the "submit patch" button hidden?

Aaarrrgh.  I finally remembered that you have to log in before
the "submit new" link shows up on the patch manager page.

In order to distract the gentle reader from my absent
mindedness I will now proceed to blame the web page design: I
think the "submit new" link should always be there.  If you
click it when you're not logged in, then tell the user to log
in.  I would have sworn that's the way it used to work, but I
was probably thinking of a different web site.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Bo Derek ruined
                                  at               my life!