looking for a math package

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Tue Jan 21 07:46:44 EST 2003

In article <b0ivg6$pss56$3 at ID-99293.news.dfncis.de>,
William Park  <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>Yuval <yuvalfeld at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for a package containing some useful math functionality,
>> written in python. In particular, I want to generate a random variable
>> that will be drawn from a power law distribution, and I'm looking for
>> an appropriate package.
>
>None exist.  But, you can write your own, usually line-by-line from C
>source.
>
>--
I agree that it's generally straightforward in this domain to
adopt C-coded implementations.  Do you not think that Yuval will
also want to know about SalStat <URL: http://salstat.sunsite.dk/ >
or at least stats.py <URL: http://
www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/Neural_Systems_Group/gary/python.html >?
I grant I don't know of a probability, as opposed to statistics,
package ...
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net