pythonwin namespace

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 15:29:50 EST 2003

Mantovani Alberto <Alberto.Mantovani at bologna.marelli.it> wrote:

>Hi,
>working with Pythonwin I've noted that if you launch a script a first time
>and then you modify and relaunch it, the script that goes in execution is
>always the first one that you launch. To execute the modify script you have
>to exit and to enter   from pythonwin. This could be annoying, so my
>question is:
>
>1) Is there some method or some script to avoid this?
>I have found the manner to delete the module if it is imported with <import>
>but not if it is imported with <from xxx import yyy>.
>
>2) Is it possible to run automatically a my python script when I launch the
>pythonwin?
>If this was possible I could, at the start, to save all module imported in
>pythonwin (<modules.key()>) and when I want to clear the namespace to delete
>the new module imported
>
>3) Is it possible also to clear the screen of interpr. by some commands?
>best regards
>
>Mantovani Alberto

1. This is a well known and often raised issue. Google for past
discussion.
2. Take a look at the PYTHONSTARTUP environment variable. I'm not sure
if Pythonwin looks at it but it might.
3. Ctrl-A, Del clears the interactive window

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd