Too Self Centered (Just)

Andres Rosado arosado at softhome.net
Mon Jan 13 21:10:38 EST 2003

On 04:26 PM 1/11/2003 -0500, the keyboard of python-list-request at python.org
emitted:
>In article <3e2083fc$1 at nntp0.pdx.net>,
>  Scott David Daniels <Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org> wrote:
>
> > > Or
> > > self.total = len[x for x in f.readlines() if x != '']
> > or self.total = len([None for x in f.readlines() if x != ''])

The None is a good trick. Also I forgot about the parenthesis.

>Still not better than the original, which doesn't build a (potentially
>long) list at all.

Good point taken.

--
Andres Rosado
Email: andresr at despammed.com
ICQ: 66750646
Homepage: http://andres980.tripod.com/

Any circuit design must contain at least one part which is obsolete, two parts
which are unobtainable, and three parts which are still under development.