Python Threading front end

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Fri Jan 31 22:22:16 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 04:36:51PM -0800, AJ wrote:
> [snip]

> The simluation is really easy to make parrallel, we just
> need to run the same function over and over. So my thought is maybe we
> could use python to do the multithreading as well.

  This makes me think you'd be better off using multiple processes.  As a
bonus, they become easy to control.  Use either signals or IPC, or even
sockets (and take advantage of that cluster you can now convince your boss
you need).  No need to worry about stopping or pausing threads anymore, just
stopping or pausing processes, which is pretty straightforward.

  Jp

--
C/C++/Java/Perl/Python/Smalltalk/PHP/ASP/XML/Linux (User+Admin)
Genetic Algorithms/Genetic Programming/Neural Networks