Mail problems...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Jan 12 15:53:20 EST 2003

    andy> Maybe it's just me (or my setup), but I'm getting really
    andy> inconsistent results downloading this list.

Mail.python.org has been having problems for the past several days.  It's a
known problem, one the list maintainers have been working on.  I'm not sure
what the current status is, but I believe things were improving throughout
the day Friday.

    andy> 2) I get others postings out of order; I get loads of replies but
    andy>    no original, then the original appears many hours or maybe even
    andy>    a day later... Oh, and that has happened with replies to some
    andy>    of my posts too!

No system makes any promises to deliver mail in any particular order.

Skip