These are discouraging stats to Perlistas & Pythonistas...

Perl B. Best, FTR prettyinperl at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 8 15:14:23 EST 2003

llewelly <llewelly.at at xmission.dot.com> wrote in message news:<86of6sshyq.fsf at Zorthluthik.foo>...

> > Maybe these stats say more about dice.com itself than about the
> > state of the economy.  Are the numbers reflected in other sites?
> > Or is dice.com *the* place to go, so we can take it as representative?
> *shrug*
>
> Of all the software development jobs I've had, *none* appeared on
>     dice.com.
>
> And I've used perl at every software development job I've had, though
>     none of them listed perl as a requirement, or even as a desirable
>     skill.

Most managers don't know what Perl or Tk is.  All they read is fluff
supported by M$ advertizing bucks.  One of the most useful things to
know is how to cross link languages, so when some asswipe tells you to
write a program and it must be in C++, you do something like this:

	#include "blah.h"
	// Bill Gates blows
	int
	main(int argc, char** argv) {
		runPerl();
	}

Once most of these losers figure out how much more can be done with
less work using Perl and Tk, they pretend like they thought of it to
their bosses.