These are discouraging stats to Perlistas & Pythonistas...

Andrew Lee andrew
Wed Jan 8 15:28:51 EST 2003

On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:33:30 GMT, Carl Banks <imbosol at vt.edu> wrote:

>Robert Oschler wrote:
>> I can't look at dice.com anymore, too depressing.  Some appx stats:
>>
>> Date    C++ jobs    Java jobs
>>
>> 3/2000    42000    31000
>> 10/2003    2200    2800
>>
>> That's right, almost a 20 to 1 loss of job reqs in C++, and 10 to 1 in Java.
>> Also note, Java is now in the lead over C++
>>
>> I hate the dot-bust.
>

>I don't know if I trust a website that believes C and C++ are the same
>langauge, which this site appears to do.

There is no end to the stupidity of recruiters/headhunters/incopetent
IT managers.  How many times have you seen an advertisement for PEARL?
I had a manager once who insisted that strict.pm was useless "cause it
breaks all my programs."

Sheesh!