Copyright on the Python and Python-console icons?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Jan 16 00:47:02 EST 2003

Tim Peters wrote:

> Which one?  The definition of public domain is conventional.

Yes, and explicitly waiving copyright (or having it expire) and
releasing works into the public domain is explicitly allowed for in
copyright law.

> The rest is
> from private communication with a Famous IP Lawyer during Python's
> licensing
> struggles, and I don't have permission to repeat that here.

Uh huh, convenient.

/  \ Physics, as we know it, will be over in six months.
\__/ Max Born (1928)
    CAGE / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/cage/
 A cellular automaton simulation system in Python.