More usenet usage statistics, by programming language

zenguyuno at yahoo.com zenguyuno at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 19:26:56 EST 2003

"Aaron K. Johnson" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> For what its worth, I've updated my usenet language stats (interpret them how
> you will)
>
> This time, the data reflects the actual number of DIFFERENT posters to each
> group in the last 200 posts to each group, as opposed to just the total posts
> to the group.
<snip>
This is very interesting to me.  I can suggest an improvement, if you
want to spend some more time on this.  Instead of using the last 2000
posts, use the last week or month.  A popular language will get 2000
posts much faster than an unpopular language.

I hope you redo it in this way.

"When one enters an unplowed field he is sure to leave furrows, even if
his plow is not of the sharpest." - Timin