Python on a single board computer

Phil Schmidt pschmidt at omnimn.com
Tue Feb 18 16:50:20 EST 2003

Has anyone put Python on a little SBC?

At work, we're looking into the possibility of using a little Linux
board around the $200 range (there are a bunch out there) for some
projects. This board would have around 16-32 Meg of flash disk and
maybe 8 meg of RAM, ethernet, digital I/O ports, perhaps some A/D
channels, and probably a serial port or two.

With me being the lone Python geek here, advocating that Python would
be an ideal platform for many of the things we do here, I thought it
would be cool (important) and useful (more important) to install
Python on whatever SBC we might settle on.

I'm thinking that this shouldn't be too hard, especially if we get a
board that we can cross-compile to using gcc on a Windows/Linux PC. Am
I right or wrong?