ANN: Leo 3.11b1 outlining editor

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Sat Feb 22 09:07:06 EST 2003

> 1. The hardwired path to vim is fragile.  I had to change it for my
distribution.

Yes, and this shouldn't be too painful:  the point is that you don't have to
update plugins when you update Leo.

> 2. One bug: I start a node in leo, send it to vim, edit in vim, and
> write the changes out.  All is great.  But if I then edit the node
> in leo, vim never sees these changes.

The mod_open_with.py plugin has an "idle" hook that checks for changes in
the outline and updates node the outline if only the external file has
changed.  If _both_ the external outline and the corresponding node in the
outline have changed there is a conflict, and the plugin will ask you what
you want to do.

It would be a good idea to put similar code in the vim plugin.  Thanks for
pointing this out.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines