Simple TCP Server || Daemonize || Continuous

Metnetsky matt at uberstats.com
Tue Feb 4 05:10:09 EST 2003

I found the following code courtesy of the great Python docs (thank you
whomever).  I was wondering what I might have to do in order to turn this
simple TCP-server into a *nix daemon, and how to keep the server accepting
continuous connections.  I tried playing around with the code to keep it
going, but I'm apparently not completely understanding the code (which I'm
sure I can get).  The big thing here is the transformation into a daemon.
How can I make this python script fork itself away from it's parent?

===
#!/usr/bin/python

# Echo server program
import socket

HOST = '127.0.0.1'      # Symbolic name meaning the local host
PORT = 50007            # Arbitrary non-privileged port

s.bind((HOST, PORT))
s.listen(1)
conn, addr = s.accept()

print 'Connected by', addr