ternary operator vote

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Feb 11 18:45:14 EST 2003

Bengt Richter wrote:

> B: +0
> C: -0  # actual opinion, no way to express

Indeed, and I'm not sure how the difference between +0 and -0 (which I
presume are "don't care, but inclined to approve" and "don't care, but
inclined to disapprove") could ever be tallied in a meaningful way.
They're both "don't cares."

> D: -1  # ditto
> no change: +1 means what?

I think you missed his whole point.  He was suggesting a voting process
something like this: