Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sat Feb 1 04:57:06 EST 2003

Brandon Van Every wrote:
> I intensely dislike Internet cafes.  If I go to a cafe, it's because I
> want
> to interact with *people*.  Yet here are all these boobs staring at these
> screens.  I can do that sort of antisocial thing at home, much more

Internet cafes (and other places supplying internet access, such
as libraries, games venues, &c, depending on local mores) are lifesavers
when you're traveling, and are staying at a hotel that doesn't make
internet access available to guests; I travel enough that this is
very important to me.  When I'm in my home town, such internet
access CAN sometimes be useful in an emergency (when the phone
and cable companies, or the electricity one, manage to mess things
up for a day or two in my neighbourhood, I can go to such a downtown
cafe or the like for emergency net connectivity).

Alex