[jython <--> java] static attributes problem

hénon meinrad.recheis at gmx.at
Sun Feb 2 06:13:05 EST 2003

hi jpython gurus,

apart from not comletely understanding how class attributes are used in
python i have annother problem with java.

i created a "public class Globals" in java. this class has several "public
static" variables.
i want to access these from several python modules and also from my java
classes.

in Java accessing them would look like that: Globals.attr1 = null;
in Jython this code doesn t work: Globals.__class__.attr1 = None
i get an exception telling me that java.lang.Class has no attr1.

what am i doing here? how to access static variables in java classes?

thanks, Meinrad