Broken debian python

Egbert Bouwman egbert.list at hccnet.nl
Sat Feb 1 13:24:50 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:32:59AM +0000, Eru wrote:

> Could you ACTUALLY remove python2.1 from debian?
Yes, I could, but

> debian said it had to remove lots of programs (mainly KDE programs BTW).
Very true. But I could restore most of it.

> Anyway, you can change the soft link which decides which is de
> default python version.
By changing the link you only change the python-version that will be
started when you start python with that command. But that has nothing
to do with the python that apt-get considers as the default python !.

Adapting Gerhards' advice I created a preferences-file
in which unstable has the highest priority, and then I could install
libwxgtk2.4-python, which installed python2.2.2-5 as well.

As soon as you make 'unstable' the track to be installed,
you make python 2.2.2-5 the default python (for the time being).

I still have some questions, but they belong on a debian list.
egbert
--
Egbert Bouwman - Keizersgracht 197 II - 1016 DS  Amsterdam - 020 6257991