Python friendly ISP

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Tue Feb 4 03:18:17 EST 2003

"Lorenzo Bolognini" <lorenzo at mysurname.net> wrote in message
news:xgD%9.80648$ZE.2212286 at twister2.libero.it...
> Hi all,
>
> i've already checked the list of Python supporting ISPs but i'm
> looking for something more, ehm... _complete_
>
> i'd like to have these feautures:
>
> Python 2.2 (of course) with MySQLdb and PIL
> ASP, PHP + PhpMyAdmin, ASP.NET, MySQL, Zope, Active State's Python
> engine for scripting ASP in Python since i like to mess with different
> technologies and try to integrate the best of them!
>
> Is there anything like this or am i dreaming?

I think you are dreaming.  It may be possible to cram these all onto one
machine, but it will need to be win32 running iis which may put a crimp in
some of the others.

Your best bet might be to run your own group of servers on a DSL line.  Then
you can redirect requests to different machines, i.e. win32.yourdomain.tld
goes to asp, win32DotNet.yourdomain.tld goes to your .NET server,
zope.yourdomain.tld goes to zope, etc.

-d