The 3D picture of Python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Feb 7 22:30:25 EST 2003

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> Ok, here's a summary of what I've learned about 3D and Python so far.
> Just
> so you get an idea why I'm not downloading Python right this second.

In the time you spent posting and flaming and arguing and killfiling
people on comp.lang.python, you could have read tutorials and --
presuming you're actually a competent C++ programmer -- could have
become an already-productive Python programmer.  You would have had the
answers to all your questions, and more.

Instead your spent your time getting a whole lot of people annoyed with
you, and managed to rationalize a justification for a decision you'd
clearly already made before you started this mess.  Now, at the end of
all of this, you still know almost nothing about Python; just yesterday
you were asking people what kind of support Python had for floating
point.

Which of these two methods would have been more productive?

/  \ Shooters, looters / Now I got a laptop computer
\__/ Ice Cube
    Kepler's laws / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/kepler/
 A proof of Kepler's laws.