Case sensitivity - serious question; no answer expected

Gary Duncan gmduncan at netspace.net.au
Sun Feb 23 01:22:41 EST 2003

Which is, to the folks who raged either way on this defunct
issue,

	why don't you do something useful like fixing up some
Python warts, as this topic is dead-end?

This moribund thread encourages me to rephrase that Dorothy Parker quip;

	"If all the girls from X College were laid end-to-end,
             I would not at all be surprised"

to..

	"If all the energies of c.lp. re 'case-sensitivity' were put to
             good use, then all Python warts would be removed"

Wozzat ; "dream-on" ?

Joke over, here's the embarassing challenge to the following  illuminati :-

	Martelli/Mertz/Art/and other postulated BSD's :-

	Which is, improve the inadequate Python diagnostic;

		"SyntaxError: invalid token"

.. to input to the interpreter as :

	where the '^' chara doesn't point to the invalid chara !

		0900000000000000000000000   #
		123sssssssssssssssssadads   #
		0x444444444444KKKKKKKKKKKKKK #

	etc etc

Pse forward me the CVS Python patches next week, if you can spare
the time :->