ANN: Leo 3.11b1 outlining editor

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Wed Feb 19 06:16:41 EST 2003

> I vaguely recall someone posting there "integrated" version, that let
> you run Leo in one window and edit code in emacs in the other
> one. Would that do the trick?

Yes.  Thanks for reminding me of this feature of Leo :-)  Leo's Open With
command opens the selected node of the Leo outline in an external program.
When you make changes in the external editor Leo automatically incorporates
those changes back into the Leo outline.

You can use Leo's new plugin architecture to configure the Open With as you
like.  There are convenience routines to make the common choices very easy
to do.

The Open With command was new in 3.10 and has been improved in 3.11.
Plugins are new in 3.11, though underlying code has been around for a while.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines
Leo: http://personalpages.tds.net/~edream/front.html