Another conditional expression candidate (PEP 308)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Feb 11 04:35:30 EST 2003

"Anders J. Munch" wrote:

> The BDFL shot down the straight, parentheses not required version, in
> the pep.  Looks too much like a statement.  Perhaps requiring
> the parentheses that I would have used anyway will mend that.

Does it?  The example shows the syntax with parentheses, but doesn't
really make a specific point about that.  He's no fool, so I guess that
does suggest the parentheses will be required, but it's not entirely
clear.  (Correct me if I'm wrong; I see no mention of the parentheses
being required.)

/  \ I always entertain great hopes.
\__/ Robert Frost
    REALpolitik / http://www.realpolitik.com/
 Get your own customized newsfeed online in realtime ... for free!