[ANNOUNCE] Audio and Video switchers control : Testers wanted.

John La Rooy nospampls.jlr at doctor.com
Thu Feb 20 16:06:13 EST 2003

Jerome Alet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently implementing in Python the protocol used in controlling
> Kramer Electronics Audio and Video Switchers via RS232C.
>
> Most already works except some advanced functions which are not yet fully
> implemented (code still in progress).
>
> But unfortunately I've got only one 6x1 switcher, and so I'd be interested
> in having other people test my library with their own equipment,
> especially in cases where several switchers are linked together.
>
> Please contact me privately to ask for the code (GPL).
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback
>
> Jerome Alet -

Unless they've changed them, the UARTs on Kramers are as useful as the
driver programs that come with them (crap in my experience). Very
unreliable on longish runs. Make sure you always ask for the status back
to check that it is what you expect (sometimes it misses this message
too, so you may have to request it more than once).

Of course I haven't see your library, so you may already be doing this.

John