Python training time (was)

Mark Charsley mark.charsley at REMOVE_THIS.radioscape.com
Thu Feb 6 05:48:00 EST 2003

In article <fZD_9.914$ek4.91595 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com (Brandon Van Every) wrote:

> year.  By the end of that time, I'd done every single abstruse thing
> possible with C++.  Really ridiculous multiple inheritance templates
> with cyclical virtual base classes and whatnot.

Stuff that experienced C++ developers view as a bad thing.

> Recently I brushed
> up on some of the "new" ANSI C++ stuff.  A small pile of additional
> things I don't need much.

Things like smart pointers, standard containers and the like. Which make
writing leak-free, high performance applications far more easy.

Pre-ANSI C++ is_vastly_ less productive than python, but then it's vastly
less productive than C++ as well.

Mark