ternary operator vote

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Feb 11 11:02:48 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1044932615.26126.python-list at python.org>, James J. Besemer wrote:

> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> In article <mailman.1044913129.2172.python-list at python.org>, James J. Besemer wrote:
>>

>>>It's not about trust.  It's about avoiding the proverbial appearance of
>>>impropriety.  Psychological experiments have shown that bias can affect a
>>>person's decision making even though the person is not conscious of the
>>>influence.  I think the vote should be controlled by a proponent of the PEP,
>>>not an opponent.
>>

>> How somebody biased for the PEP any less "improprietary" than
>> sombebody biased against it?
>
> I think "appearance" is the operative word.

OK.  I'll add that word, then:

How is it that somebody biased for the PEP appears any less
"improprietary" than somebody biased against it?

> Clearly this is an emotional issue.

Not really, I'm just curious why somebody would claim that it's
wrong for the vote to be organized by somebody biased against
it, but OK for it to be organized by somebody biased for it?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I am covered with
                                  at               pure vegetable oil and I am