Is Kazaa distribution part of the answer? (was: Python and p2p)

Afanasiy abelikov72 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:22:15 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:55:49 +0000, Carlos Ribeiro
<cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br> wrote:

>All that said, it is pretty much as Pedro Alvarez stated - an unfortunate but
>realistic fact of life. Now, following for Geoff's suggestion, why not put
>copies of the 'free' Python books available on a P2P network? It would help
>to create a bigger 'mindshare' for Python - people would find material using
>the tool of their choice, and would be able to compare the quality of the
>material, which is really excellent (as Python itself).

I just want to put my support behind what Carlos and those in similar
situations are saying. Anyone who would have negative input on this matter
is, as I have said before, sadly incapable of processing possibilities.

Here are links to two free books you can put on the P2P networks :

  http://ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/
  http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython

Both are or will be available in printed form, the latter not just yet.
If anyone else has information on other free books they should post.