Dan Schmidt dfan at dfan.org
Sat Feb 8 10:31:08 EST 2003

Andrew Koenig <ark at research.att.com> writes:

| I've seen conflicts like this in other contexts; they're often a
| symptom of two subsets of the community that come from different
| backgrounds and want to program in different styles.

I think that's a fair assessment.

What annoys me a bit is the assertion I've seen in a few posts that
anyone who wants a ternary operator must be coming from a C background
and style.

It's not really ternary operators as such that I want, it's expressions
that can depend on a conditional, and I don't particularly like the C
syntax for doing it.

Dan

--
http://www.dfan.org