Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Feb 8 08:57:35 EST 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

> I don't know, this argument just doesn't really strike a chord with me
> anywhere.  You could make the same argument about the + operator:
> Sometimes it means one thing, sometimes it means another.

FWIW, if I'd designed Python the concatenation operator would have
looked different to the addition operator.  But then I'm an oddball
who would have quite happily banned all coercions in arithmetic
statements, so it's probably just as well I didn't design Python :-)

Cheers,
M.

--
  You sound surprised.  We're talking about a government department
  here - they have procedures, not intelligence.