Extended function syntax

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Feb 3 07:34:50 EST 2003

joost_jacob at hotmail.com (J.Jacob) writes:

> I can't explain statecharts in a usenet posting, it would take too
> long.  But there are explanations in any UML book or article; google
> is your friend.

Well, I don't have time for that either.

> Basically what I was suggesting is that the new function syntax could
> be used to help *implement* statecharts more easily.  As it is now, it
> is not a clear straightforward process to translate UML statecharts,
> or Live Sequence Charts, or other "behavioral diagrams" into working
> code.  Python could be a first here.

OK, so what do you want the new syntax to DO?

(For reference, I'm the guy who implemented the new syntax...)

> [Michael Hudson]
> > contains more words I don't understand more densely packed than I've
> > seen in some time.
> >

> I'm sorry, my native language is Dutch.

It was words like "XMI" that worried me, not the English bits :)

Cheers,
M.

--
  I'd certainly be shocked to discover a consensus.  ;-)
                                      -- Aahz Maruch, comp.lang.python