compiling...

Derek Thomson dthomson at NOSPAMusers.sf.net
Mon Feb 3 07:00:08 EST 2003

Enrique Palomo wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I have sent this message two hours ago.

You've waited a whole two hours? My god, how did you manage to show such
extreme patience?

You should wait at least 24 hours before complaining. Think about it -
do you really expect the authors of these modules, or even people
familiar with them, to be sitting by their keyboards, just waiting to
help you for free?

Sometimes you luck out, and there's someone who can answer your question
right away. Other times, that's not the case. People need to sleep you
know, and some of them are in different time-zones from you.

And if you think I'm too harsh, imagine if everyone reposted their
question every two hours. Post, then forget about it for at least the
rest of the day, is my advice. Go do something else if your *that* stuck.

"These modern conveniences just aren't convenient enough" - Homer J Simpson.

> cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX -Isrc/ -IC:\ARCHIV~1\python2.2\include
> /Tcsrc/MD2.c /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.2\Release\MD2.obj
> error: command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory

This means that the C compiler can't be found on your executable path.

> i would be eternally thanked i anyone could explain me, step by step, what
> must i do.

Have you ever compiled any C code? If not, go write a "hello, world"
program and do that. Then you'll know if your system is actually capable
of building a C module.

--
Derek.