Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 9 10:28:47 EST 2003

"James J. Besemer" <jb at cascade-sys.com> writes:

> holger krekel wrote:
>
>> Maybe he just wants to have a more quiet python-dev by pushing
>> all the syntax-enthusiasts to c.l.py and keeping them busy :)
>
> I fear he simply wants to be able to say "y'all couldn't agree" and
> close book on the issue.

If the truth is that there is no agreement, maybe that's best. Write
it up in the PEP, and reject it once and for all. Rejected PEPs are
*supposed* to be valuable resources for recording why something was
rejected.

Of course, we could surprise him, and all agree...

Paul.

PS I get the feeling that Guido's just sick of the bickering, and
   wants to put an end to it one way or another.
--
This signature intentionally left blank