Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Feb 9 11:43:07 EST 2003

In article <mailman.1044783985.13972.python-list at python.org>,
James J. Besemer <jb at cascade-sys.com> wrote:
>holger krekel wrote:
>>
>> Maybe he just wants to have a more quiet python-dev by pushing
>> all the syntax-enthusiasts to c.l.py and keeping them busy :)
>
>I fear he simply wants to be able to say "y'all couldn't agree" and close
>book on the issue.

If you trust that Guido is telling the truth (I do), that's half-true.
More precisely, that's *one* of the desirable outcomes.  The other
desirable outcome is that the Python community comes out so resoundingly
in favor of conditional expressions that it's a clear win for the
language as a whole.  After ten years of debate on this subject, Guido
honestly doesn't care which outcome he gets.

Register for PyCon now!  http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html